10 useful things to know before moving to Belgrade
Moving to a new environment can be pretty stressful experience why is more than wise to get as much information as possible about new city, habits the way of living and it's atmosphere. We bring a short list of top 10 things that are good to know before coming to live in Belgrade.
1. Belgrade is famous about great hospitality and leisureliness, and this thing fascinates majority of tourists, however when it comes to living here, this kind of living style can irritate all who are coming from other culture.
2. Leisure living style have influenced to public and business sphere, so be ready for waiting more than you have get used to no matter if it is waiting in a row in a bank or hospital or for your business partners to start the meeting.
3. With a plenty of cars it is not always a pleasure to drive through Belgrade, but although the public buses are not so good equipped and in the best conditions public transportation has extensive network so it is good alternative for driving by your own from one part of city to another every day.
4. The most popular neighborhoods in Belgrade are Vračar, Senjak, Dedinje, Novi Beograd and Stari Grad and you can find one of the most beautiful and the most luxurious apartments and houses with astonishing architecture.
Here are some of our suggestions of the best apartments in the most famous neighborhood in Belgrade
5. Prices of a square meter varies from 900 until 3000 euros in the most prestigious areas, but in comparison with previous years prices are falling down especially for large apartments and the most luxury real estates which makes him one of the cheapest cities in the region when it comes to buying your own property.
6. When it comes to security issue things have changed in a comparison with nineties when Belgrade was one of the top risky places to live in whole Europe.
7. Climate is wonderful. Belgrade has a mixture of subtropical and continental climate with four different seasons and it means a lot of sun and not many rain, however temperatures are not so high in summer and not so low during the winter.
8. Is a real world cosmopolitan metropolis with many business opportunities, a lot of foreigners that are coming every day, big cultural events and entertainment activities to have fun and get relaxed in your spear time. It is famous about great parties and good nightlife.
9. Working hours of majority of stores are during whole day from 8-20h, in most of the cases even on Saturdays. Working week last for 5 days and working hours are mainly from 9-17h.
10. Although this is not the case in many other countries tap water is safe to drink. Lime scale is a bit higher however not dangerous so you have to buy water for drinking or cooking.